Maharashtra Foundation’s philosophy is “Social and Economic Justice for all” . We, at Maharashtra Foundation, believe in the principle “Invest in the future of those with no future, So that they can reinvest…. “. .
We are committed to upholding the basic humanitarian principles of freedom, equality, secularism and human rights. To this effect, Maharashtra Foundation supports organizations that help the weaker sections of the society. As citizens of the world, we have a special responsibility to ensure that our social work here and in India promotes progressive thinking. We work with organizations that promote universal humanitarian principles and values such as tolerance, mutual respect and non-violence, thus helping the weaker sections of society become a productive part of the global village.
चैतन्याची फुलवा झाडे,
द्या जगण्याला अर्थ नवा,
अडले पडले उचला,
ज्यांना आधाराचा हात हवा.
Maharashtra Foundation supports initiatives aimed at improving quality of life among the under-preveledged sections of the society. The foundation works for following:
- Raise funds through annual programs.
- Economic empowerment of women.
- Make basic health care available to rural communities.
- Help the communities affected by natural disaster, share in their struggle to rebuild, revitalize.
- Education in the Indian villages.
- Build Foundation’s image as a charity and establish worldwide recognition for MF.
To promote economic empowerment and social justice for all.
The vision of the Maharashtra Foundation is “Enhanced quality of life for the poor and vulnerable, and sustainable and long term solution”. The Foundation seeks to enhance the quality of lives of the under privileged by supporting programs in the fields of health care, education, welfare and development of children and empowerment of women.
At the Foundation, our focus is on the following:
- Reduce poverty via technology, vocational training and entrepreneurship.
- Provide better health care and education for the under privileged community.
- Empower women and minorities for their economic improvement.
- Protect the environment by helping communities combat deforestation and promoting environmental consciousness.
A public charitable and nonprofit organization to be named Maharashtra Foundation (hereinafter referred as MF) shall be formed with the purpose of aiding educational, rural development; handicapped, environmental protection and/or health-related projects. Organizations restricting benefits to or discriminating otherwise on the basis of Caste, Creed, Color, Race or Religion will not receive aid from MF. Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles, the organization is organized exclusively for one or more of the following purposes: charitable, scientific, testing for public safety, literary or educational purposes or to foster national or international amateur sports competition.